It Is Time To Quit Smoking
Have you been thinking about quitting smoking? Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health and the benefits start almost immediately. Within twenty minutes your pulse rate can return to normal, within two days your sense of taste and smell will get better, within a couple of weeks your circulation will improve and after one year your risk of having a heart attack will halve. Not only that, but quitting is proven to boost your mental health and well-being.
There is lots of support available if you are looking to quit.
- You can get a free personal quit plan on the NHS website.
- You can register for daily email support
- You can go to your local stop-smoking service
- You can join the NHS Quit Smoking Facebook Support Group
- You can talk to your GP about the treatments available to you, this can include Nicotine Replacement Therapy through chewing gum, nasal sprays or skin patches.
Research shows that if you quit for 28 days, you are 5 times more likely to quit for good. Over 2.3 million smokers have taken part in Stoptober in the past decade, so why not join them?