are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent, administration volunteer to
support our friendly, motivated and dedicated team here at Every Child Online
You will provide general administration support with specific responsibility for updating WEB site information, book-keeping and, being the first point of contact for enquiries from business donors, colleges, partner organisations, and the public.
We are looking for someone to volunteer for a full or shared part-time role. This individual/s must demonstrate good attention to detail, has solid IT skills, excellent written and spoken English skills and the ability to multi-task.
You must be proactive and positive and enjoy a busy and varied role.
Our offices are located at 15 Buckwins Square, Burnt Mills, Basildon, SS131BJ - Working from home is an option.
Every Child Online, a start-up charity, has spent the last two years collecting thousands of PCs and laptops from UK businesses and members of the public. We have refurbished, rebuilt and delivered them to schools. We have also supported many charitable organisations by providing laptops to children so they can access online educational tools. To date, we have donated over two million pounds worth of computers, with your help we can do so much more.
• Act as the first point of contact, deal with phone calls and emails and redirect project enquiries as required.
• Support our grant application process, and keep track of applications and results using the database.
• Log business and public donations, arrange and track collections.
• Contact schools to discuss their IT needs, document school details, including contact details and log their response to a database
• Administer the charity website site uploading donor logos and supported school images.
• Calendar and room booking management; organise and administer meetings; support the organisation of training courses. (Possible project with local authority)
• Source and organise office supplies and equipment for our team.
• Basic bookkeeping – collate and code invoices, manage cashbook, and make payments.
• Liaising with the team to ensure the smooth running of office protocols and procedures.
• Handle incoming and outgoing deliveries and post.
Additional general responsibilities
• Help to build a positive relationship between Every Child online and its partners.
• Work closely and constructively with your manager in all areas.
• Undertake other duties as required by senior management from time to time.
What skills do I need?
Knowledge and experience
• Ideally 2 years’ previous experience in administration.
• Basic bookkeeping experience: knowledge of excel is desirable (but training will be provided).
• Competent data management skills including data entry.
• Computer literate: Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook, Access
• Proven ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to manage workload and competing priorities and meet internal deadlines through effective forward planning.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills – friendly, approachable, professional, and courteous.
• Can maintain a good level of attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Have a competitive nature/ self-motivated.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/05/2022
15 Buckwin Square