To support staff to deliver a high-quality experience in our catering facilities.
· Assist in keeping all front of house areas well presented, tidy and promote a quality catering and retail experience.
· To assist in the high quality coffee shop offer to maximise the customer experience, this will include taking orders, preparing food, serving food and clearing tables.
· Ensure the cafe offers a smooth-running service for visitors.
· To uphold Firstsite's 4 key values of Inclusion, Quality, Innovation and Professionalism
· Work as part of a close knit team.
· Deal with customer enquiries in an efficient and professional manner, refer customers to your supervisor when you are unsure of how to help.
· Adhere to procedures relating to hygiene, health and safety, fire and security and any other relevant risk assessment information.
· Work closely with supervisor and carry out tasks when requested.
· Communicate with visitors in a polite, professional and appropriate manner. Encourage, listen and respond to all visitor feedback.
· Promote the Gallery and events.
What We Provide
· Full training and work experience in a café environment
· Food Hygiene Certificate
· A fun and supportive work environment
What skills do I need?
Essential skills and behaviours:
· Enthusiastic and happy to help.
· Makes a positive contribution to the team, supporting staff in their day-to-day work.
· Able to be on their feet for at least a four-hour shift, unless otherwise discussed and suitable arrangements made.
· Communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience of working with members of the public and providing excellent customer care is desirable but not necessary.
· An awareness and appreciation of the importance of food hygiene in a catering environment.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/08/2020
End Date: 11/08/2021