Our carers carry out personal care to some of our service users, this could include things like washing, dressing, toileting or feeding.
As a volunteer you will NOT be responsible for these duties, but you will be asked to assist and help the carers with their role.
What skills do I need?
Tasks and responsibilities
• to help carers with personal care to service users. This could include washing, dressing or toileting
• to help carers provide food and drink to service users, this could include feeding
• to talk with service users
Skills and experience
• a willingness to help others
• good communication skills
• hours to be agreed with your volunteer manager, can be flexible but will be agreed in advance
• Induction training and support for the role
• Other relevant training and development
• On-going support
• Reimbursement of agreed expenses
• Weekly testing for COVID-19 for as long as required
• Wearing of appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at all times
• To follow infection control requirements – training will be provided
- Data Protection policy
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 16/03/2021
End Date: 16/03/2022
Flexible hours and days