Havens Hospices provides palliative nursing and supportive care to adults and children living with complex or incurable conditions.
Volunteering for Havens Hospices helps make every day count for our patients and their families.
What the Role involves:
• Assisting customers on the shop floor
• Serving customers at the till
• Meeting donors and gaining sign ups to the Gift Aid scheme
• Sorting/preparing donations ready for shop floor display, which may include steaming
• Merchandising/rotating stock on the shop floor
• Supporting any new promotions as they occur
• Light cleaning duties
• Any other reasonable duties designated by the Manager in charge
What skills do I need?
Reliable, regular and punctual attendance
• Dependable, interactive communication
• Flexibility and adaptability when required
• Promotion of good customer service
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Agreed out of pocket travel expenses
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 28/02/2022
End Date: 03/03/2025
We are looking for a weekly commitment of four hours a week / We are looking for you to be willing to commit to either a morning or afternoon shift, once a week.