Carers First’s response to coronavirus (covid-19)
We understand what a difficult and worrying time this is for everyone. The situation is perhaps especially hard for carers. The lockdown has cut many carers off from their normal support systems, and taken away opportunities for respite, hobbies and social interactions with loved ones.
Carers First has adapted our way of working during the coronavirus outbreak to ensure we are able to continue providing essential services such as emotional support, information, and advice. We are checking-in on vulnerable carers and helping others access any additional help they might need.
Can you help us?
- Become a Check In & Chat Volunteer
- Check in on carers, Our volunteers will be phoning all carers registered with Carers First.
- Volunteers play an essential role at Carers First and in gratitude for people’s time, skills and commitment we strive to make volunteering a positive and rewarding experience.
- A full induction programme
- Training and supervision
- Flexibility and scope for personal development
How much time do I need to give?
As much or as little as you like. We appreciate any time that you are willing to give. We do have a minimum commitment.
What skills do I need?
We will provide full training, but volunteers should be computer literate.
Volunteers will have to have a DBS check that will be arranged by us.
You will be volunteering from home for this role.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
Carers First will pay for your DBS check and organise the check for you.
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 18/11/2020
End Date: 30/11/2021
Flexible to suit volunteer and client
This opportunity is available Countywide.