Can you help bring history to life?
Join our growing team of friendly, enthusiastic volunteers and help us make Chelmsford Museum a safe, fun, educational experience for visitors of all ages.
Whether it is meeting and greeting, leading a tour, welcoming people to the galleries, helping people understand and engage with the collections, or stewarding a temporary exhibition, we want to put volunteers at the heart of the visitor experience and ensure that every visit is a special one.
Volunteers also help to protect the collections by being vigilant with regard to safety and security, assist people with disabilities or learning difficulties, and help with educational sessions.
Please get in touch for more details.
What skills do I need?
We need you to be:
- Enthusiastic, cheerful and keen to engage with the public
- Have good communication and speaking skills
- Be able to relate to people of different ages, backgrounds and cultures
- Be happy to work independently when required, and as part of a team
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Have an interests in local history and be passionate about sharing it.
We will provide you with all the support, training and knowledge you need.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/02/2019
End Date: 01/02/2022
A typical shift will be 10-13 or 13-16.30. Flexible.