Role Purpose: Talking shops are part of our new approach to Adult Social Care. The main purpose of these talking shops is to enable individuals who either have difficulties themselves or who are caring for / concerned about someone else to have an opportunity to have a person centered conversation in a convenient appropriate and welcoming venue, and to talk with them about themselves or others.
Location: Currently in all areas of Thurrock.
What skills do I need?
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support Community Led Support Team in finding activities or organisations that achieve what matters to people most.
- Assist in the running of talking shops, sometimes without a member of staff present (this will be agreed in advance).
- Support people with attending hospital appointments, local clubs or activities and assist in transport to places of support.
- Support people with shopping and other tasks.
- Help promote the Community Led Support service and provide feedback.
- Help support the community to influence the way Community Led Support works.
Skills and experience
- A willingness to help support people.
- To be able to travel with individuals, either in volunteers own vehicle (relevant checks will be made) or via public transport.
- To be confident in talking with and listening to others.
- Training will be given, specifically about how to navigate the health and social care system.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 25/07/2019
End Date: 25/07/2020
Time commitment can be flexible to fit around your commitments.