The heart of a home is the kitchen and Peaceful Place's kitchen is no different. As a volunteer you will be helping our members to prepare food, cook and clean. You will be playing a very important role in making the day at Peaceful Place special for our members.
We are seeking volunteers who like to bake, cook, clean and chat. Our members love to be involved in cooking meals, baking and even cleaning, so your role is very much central to their wellbeing. You will be rewarded by their enthusiasm and chatty, fun nature and be supported in your role by a multi-disciplinary team. Our kitchen is fully equipped and very open, adjoining the dining area, making it a lovely space to still converse with members sitting at the table.
What skills do I need?
• The most important skill you will possess is a warm, friendly, fun personality
• You will be able to multi-task without stress
• Have an interest in cooking or baking
• Like to keep a kitchen clean and tidy
• Health and Safety or food hygiene certificates are beneficial, but we will provide
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/08/2021
End Date: 31/12/2021
Between 9am - 3pm
261 Timberlog Lane