Core volunteers role include:
• General gardening duties
• Holding keys to the garden
• Supporting and supervising volunteers in the garden
• Being responsible for health & safety of volunteers and for security in the garden
The Community Garden is based in the centre of Jaywick. We are open for local people to come along and spend however much time they want doing some gardening. The aim is to help people who are isolated to get out and meet others: for those who are un- or under- employed to get some work experience; and to add to the enjoyment of Jaywick as a great place to live.
NOTE: We especially welcome people who are referred on social prescriptions and similar informal "rehabilitative" schemes, but please note we are not specialists in any form of formal rehabilitation or treatment disciplines.
What skills do I need?
Core volunteers need
• Interest and some experience in gardening - but not great expertise
• Interest in and confidence with people
• Readiness to exercise judgement and be appropriately assertive
• Good interpersonal skills
• Some experience of supervising people
Not wheelchair friendly yet
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Not beyond the garden - no
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
First Aid and gardening 'on the job'
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 29/09/2015
End Date: 10/05/2022
And one other day to be arranged