Want to volunteer for one day or even just a few hours?
Would you like to volunteer as a group of friends or colleagues, but can't manage a regular commitment?
If so then why not join our bank of Event Volunteers! We are creating a group of volunteers who are on standby to help out at our cultural events, art shows, celebrations and parades in the City.
Any opportunities will be one off events, which could include:
- Chelmsford Festival of Light
- Chelmsford Fringe Festival
- Black History Month
- Chelmsford Carnival and festival
- And many more as the year progresses!
They might be suitable for all ages, and all types of people, as well as groups of people (families etc)
Your details will be added to our email list and we will contact you through email when an opportunity comes available. There is no requirement for you to do any of the opportunities, should you wish to do them all you need to do is respond to sign up to any you want to do. As easy as that!
We need volunteers who can help with:
- Putting up gazebos and signs
- Marshalling and helping people on the day
- Managing ticket booths
- Prep work such as painting boards etc/ signing parade road for example
- Man/ Woman with a van
- All other (mostly set up work) associated with running an event
What skills do I need?
Enthusiasm and a willingness to get stuck in and help.
Some tasks might require you to be on your feet and lifting things.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Events will be sent out via email. Multiple shifts will be available for each.