Volunteers support the team at The Children’s Society East in ensuring that children, young people, and their families/carers, can get the right information and services that enable them to make good choices and live safely in their communities.
The key activities of the role include:
· To support children, young people and families to develop skills, knowledge and self-confidence to enable them to respond to issues that affect them.
· To support and assist staff with key activities being run by The Children’s Society East across the county of Essex.
· To raise awareness of issues concerning children, young people and families.
· To share information to further the support of children and young people with their parents / carers and relevant agencies taking care to adhere to project confidential protocols so that they are protected from harm.
· To contribute to the administration of the project by undertaking tasks that support effective delivery of services.
What skills do I need?
Experience of working with young people would be an advantage. Ability to engage and develop positive relationships with young people and families.
An awareness of the factors that contribute to young people’s involvement in substance use or misuse.
An awareness of the factors that contribute to young people’s risky behaviour.
Empathise with children, young people and families and to use tact, sensitivity and give the support that is needed to build good relationships with all young people.
You must be dependable and committed.
What we can offer you:
· A full induction to your role and The Children’s Society
· On-going support and guidance from your volunteer manager
· Training and access to a broad range of e-learning
· The ability to get involved in other opportunities
· A reference once you have been involved with us for a period of time
· Reimbursement of reasonable expenses
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity has no specific location.