We are looking to start up new friendship groups in Rayleigh, Rochford and Hockley. These will be friendly adult only groups for people who are looking to make friends and find new interests. Lockdown has been tough for many people and this will be a place where people can have a chat over a cuppa and a biscuit in a covid safe environment and generally have a good time.
If you are a great listener, friendly, reliable and good with people this role could be for you!
You would be joining a group of volunteers to:
- Help people mix and chat to each other and have a good time
- Help start conversations, especially if someone is shy or introverted, helping them make new friends
- Help people make teas and coffees if necessary
- Help set up tables and chairs and put them away at the end
- Help with the cleaning to ensure Covid requirements are met
- Enjoy yourself as well
Whilst this is a volunteer position we will pay your car-parking costs.
We need volunteers for around 3 hours a week to set up the tables and chairs in the room, run the group and put the tables and chairs away afterwards. The Friendship Groups will run for 2 hours.
We are looking to start up the groups later in the year and require a group of volunteers on a rota so that we have at least 4 people supporting each session. Attendees will pre-book their place so the room is not crowded and we will explain the role and support you so that you have a great time as well.
If you are interested in receiving details about the venues, days and times etc once these groups are ready to start up, please register your interest so we can get in touch.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for someone who:
- Is friendly, approachable and kind
- Has good listening skills and a sense of humour
- Is reliable, patient and understanding
- Is physically able to stand for periods and move and put away tables and chairs
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 07/09/2021
End Date: 07/09/2023
Days and times to be decided - likely to be on a Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday or Friday morning or afternoon