As an Ambassador you will be a representative for Muscular Dystrophy UK. You will use your influence and contacts with local small businesses and individuals in the South East to help build Muscular Dystrophy UK networks and fundraising partnerships.
You will be confident in speaking about the cause and the work of the charity; developing relationships with key supporters and individuals as part of the process. Raising awareness of who we are and what we do is very important to the charity so we are looking for a proactive volunteer who will seek out speaking opportunities and make asks on behalf of the charity to attend events where further awareness can be raised.
What skills do I need?
• Excellent oral communication
• Confident to deliver key messages clearly and enthusiastically
• Strong communication and influencing skills, especially over the phone and on email
• Relationship building – when attending events you are the eyes and ears for your Regional Development Manager. There is great potential to develop leads and opportunities for the charity.
• An understanding of how a charity partnership can benefit a company
• You will need be adaptable to different situations and ensure you research and prepare material appropriate for your audiences
• Flexible to attend events at irregular dates and times throughout the year
• A commitment to and an understanding of disability issues, equal opportunities and diversity.
• A willingness to engage new audiences
• Can volunteer independently and as part of a team
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 29/09/2021
End Date: 29/09/2022
2-3 hours a week, for a period of 6 months to 2 years (can be extended)
This opportunity is available Countywide.