Are you a friendly, outgoing and well organised person with good leadership skills? Do you enjoy meeting new people and leading a team in order to help out a worthy cause? Would you like to put those skills to use by leading a Guide Dogs fundraising group in your local community to raise money for blind and partially sighted people?
What does the role involve?
• Working as part of Guide Dogs’ fundraising team with staff and volunteers, coming up with new and innovative ideas and opportunities to raise money for and awareness of Guide Dogs in your local area
• Coordinating a group of like-minded people in your local area, bringing the group together regularly and motivating group members in order to raise money through events or other activities
• Welcoming new members to the group and ensuring all volunteers feel confident and supported in their roles
• Liaising with Community Fundraiser informing them of your group’s work and the people involved
• Making sure your group follows policy and procedure when fundraising
• Being a passionate local ambassador for Guide Dogs’ work
• Delegating tasks to other volunteers in your team as required, for example booking venues for events
What skills do I need?
- Enthusiasm and the desire to have fun!
- Good communication skills – ability to put your thoughts across clearly and politely to others
- Working as part of a varied team – willing to meet new people
- Preferably be willing to talk to the public about the work of Guide Dogs
- Any previous experience of fundraising or new ideas are always welcome
- Able to generate enthusiasm
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 25/06/2021
End Date: 25/06/2022
The time commitment for this role is flexible. You can give as little as a couple of hours a month to a couple of hours a week, it’s entirely up to you! Fundraising events can take place during the week or at weekends, their frequency is decided by the members of the fundraising group.