This is a fantastic opportunity to become involved with a local heritage centre which draws visitors from far and wide. The Heritage Centre is run by the Maeldune Trust in partnership with Maldon Town Council and admission is free.
The Centre is home to the Maldon Embroidery, (a 42' long masterpiece which was created to celebrate 1000 years of Maldon's history) as well as an art gallery, a gift shop selling souvenirs and art and craft items made by local artists and has many fascinating items on display collected from local archaeological digs.
As a Heritage Centre Host your job will be to:
• Greet visitors to the Heritage Centre, make them feel welcome and provide them with basic information (training will be provided)
• Maintain the appearance of the exhibits in the Centre and keep the general public facing area tidy
• Assist with sales in the Heritage Centre shop, which will involve cash and card handling, as well as cashing up at the end of the day
• Keep the shop shelves stocked with goods
• Other duties as may be required in the day to day running of the centre
The Maeldune Centre is conveniently situated on Maldon High Street.
What skills do I need?
• Volunteers should have good people skills and enjoy working with the public
• Basic numeracy skills
• Local knowledge of Maldon District past and present (training can be provided)
• An interest in history
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Car parking fees for town car parks on production of parking receipt.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 19/10/2021
End Date: 19/10/2022
The Heritage Centre is open every day from 11 am to 4 pm except Sundays and Mondays. We are looking for someone to cover on a Wednesday. The rota will be flexible. Maeldune Heritage Centre is closed during the whole month of January.