Peaceful Place is a small charity supporting younger aged persons living with early onset dementia. We provide various day care activities of arts, crafts, sports etc and we further offer breakfast lunch and afternoon tea. We are a small charity with big ambitions but we need volunteers to help develop and grow the service.
We are seeking volunteers to come to our day care service and help us provide nutritious and home cooked comforting meals for our members. We are also keen to develop cookery programmes.
So if you have an interest in cooking, or have cookery teaching skills and are keen to support young people living with Dementia, and family carers who work full time please give us a call - we need you.
What skills do I need?
· The most important skill you will possess is a warm friendly fun personality
· You will be able to multi-task without stress
· Have an interest in cooking or baking
· Like to keep a kitchen clean and tidy
· Health and Safety or food hygiene certificates are beneficial, but we will provide training
. DBs check required
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Mon- Fri between 9am and 3pm but flexible within that.
261 Timberlog Lane