NCT Community Builders are at the heart of our local volunteer teams. You will engage with parents to find out what services are needed in the local community. Build a team of community volunteers in your area who will offer inclusive, low cost events and activities.
This is a flexible home-based role that can easily be fitted around you and your availability.
• Talking to people in the local community to understand what parents need
• Encouraging local people to get involved and volunteer to support parents
• Build a strong and inclusive network of parents following NCT guidance and best practice
• Promoting and publicising local NCT events
• Keeping in touch with local volunteers
• Using social media to engage and support local parents
• Celebrating the difference volunteers make to local parents
• Championing NCT's values and vision
• This is a flexible role that can fit around your other commitments and availability
• We ask that you can commit to 3 hours per week and that you can ideally volunteer for at least 6 months
• You will be invited to attend a monthly catch up with the Volunteering Team for training and support. These will usually be online in the evening and will be supported by closed captioning
What skills do I need?
Our Community Builders are
• Strong communicators
• Able to plan and organise their own time
• Able to motivate and inspire others
• Confident using social media
What can you expect from us?
• A great volunteer experience and the opportunity to build a community for local parents
• Access to an online platform with all the tools, resources and training you will need
• Expenses paid in line with our expenses policy.
• We are committed to zero discrimination and driving real change to tackle inequality
• The opportunity to develop your skills
• Ongoing support and regular check-ins with the volunteer support team
• Importantly you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to parents
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Time commitment: • This is a flexible role that can fit around your other commitments and availability • The time you will spend volunteering will vary depending on the type and frequency of the activity you choose to run. You could volunteer with as little as 2 hours per month. • We’re ideally looking for Community Volunteer who can volunteer for at least 3 months
This opportunity is available Countywide.