The Lunch Club@ Plantation Hall is a planned weekly day service for older people in Maldon held on Thursday 10am-2.30pm
A number of the guests will be transported to the Club in Heybridge by
Essex and Suffolk DART service.
To ensure guest comfort and safety on this journey we are looking to recruit a passenger assistant to support the guests on the minibus each morning and afternoon for approximately 1.5 hours each time.
This weekly role can be split between 1 or 2 people into morning and afternoon sessions, or alternate weeks.
The morning session is approximately 9 – 10 am and the afternoon 2.30 - 3.30 pm.
The role would involve:
- knocking on guests doors to inform them that the bus has arrived
- accompanying them to and from the bus
- offering a supportive arm on the walk to and from the bus if appropriate
- ensuring that all passenger seat belts are fastened
- storing walking aids safely during the journey
What skills do I need?
Whilst no lifting is involved, manual handling and any other appropriately agreed training is available.
The ideal person will have good communication skills and a can do attitude.
A standard DBS check may be required.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
With prior agreement.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 10/05/2022
End Date: 10/05/2023
This weekly role can be split between 1 or 2 people into morning and afternoon sessions. Morning session approx. 9 – 10 am Afternoon session approx. 2.30 - 3.30 pm.