Day : Fridays
Shifts: 9AM - 3PM or 9AM - 1PM
Reports to: Growing Together Team
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To facilitate gardening sessions and help our members to cook a wholesome meal each Friday.
A love of being outdoors and knowledge around healthy food is needed. This is a creative role for those who love cooking and who would like to lead cooking sessions. The main activity is gardening and each Friday our team will gather together to eat lunch in our large kitchen in Rochford, prepared by our volunteers and members.
You will need a passion for cooking wholesome food, basic knowledge of gardening and a genuine interest in people and mental health.
The Volunteer will be required to:
- Undergo a recruitment process including two references and a DBS check
- Provide day to day direction and support for members of the Growing Together community garden project and provide direction and help in the kitchen.
- Support the delivery of activities, especially with practical tasks
- Report issues, concerns and successes to project staff
- Work with the team to improve outcomes and wellbeing for project members and the broader community
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- To provide support and direction to members as required, feeding back to staff relevant information relating to issues, concerns and successes with members
- To volunteer closely with and report to the Growing Together Team on allocated day
- To provide horticultural input to members
- To provide cooking sessions with our members
- To take part in appropriate training and development activities
- To notify the team if you are unable to attend your regular session
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to in line with Trust Links Health and Safety policy
- Ensure Safeguarding requirements are met in line with Trust Links Safeguarding policy and escalate concerns about the wellbeing of service users to appropriate staff members
- Maintain confidentiality
- Raise any issues affecting members with appropriate staff member
- Feedback to staff relevant information relating to members progress and independence
What skills do I need?
- Volunteers will need
- Basic knowledge of gardening
- Love of cooking wholesome foods for a large group and to facilitate the cooking sessions with members contributing
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Empathy and listening skills
- Commitment to self-development Willingness and commitment to undertake further training and development
- Commitment to the role
- Team Work
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/11/2023
End Date: 06/11/2024