Are you social media savvy? Would you be willing to help a local charity connect with and support other charities and volunteers?
BBW CVS and its Volunteer Network are looking for some social media researchers who can monitor local community pages to support CVS and Volunteer Network staff in keeping up to date with key community information.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- To carry out regular checks on local community pages on social media to source information relevant to the CVS and the Volunteer Network including:
- Community groups, nonprofit organisations or charities looking for volunteers
- Individuals wanting to volunteer
- Community groups, nonprofit organisations or charities seeking support in starting up
- Community groups, nonprofit organisations or charities seeking support in developing
- Funding opportunities
- Community Events
- Key community news/good news stories
- To share any such information on the CVS information sharing platform to make staff aware
- To signpost individuals on social media to the Volunteer Network or CVS as appropriate
- To share CVS/Volunteer Network posts on key community pages to help raise their profile
- On occasion prepare social media posts for the CVS and/or Volunteer Network social media channels
What skills do I need?
- Volunteers to have their own social media accounts (Twitter and Facebook)
- Access to your own device (phone/tablet/laptop etc) with internet access for searching social media channels
- The ability to navigate social media channels
- Be willing to join local social media community pages in the Basildon, Billericay and Wickford area
- The ability to write/type clearly, accurately, and concisely
- Be willing to act as a representative of the CVS and Volunteer Network on social media pages and act professionally and appropriately
- Have an interest in supporting local charities and volunteers
- Research skills
- Able to work independently
- A good understanding of confidentiality
- Ideally be a resident of Basildon, Billericay or Wickford
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
Induction session on joining
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This role can be carried out flexibly, however we suggest volunteers commit to an hour a week on the role.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.