Ideal for someone who wants to learn about social media or who has some knowledge and wants to make a difference. Although some time may be spent at the Archive to gain familiarity, the majority of this work will be expected to be done remotely.
Working as part of a team who promote the National Jazz Archive online through various social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Regular communication with the team will be maintained via email and video conferencing as well as in-person as required.
Training will be provided as needed, with key tasks based on the development goals of the volunteer. These can include some, or all, of the following
• Social media planning and scheduling
• Promotion of fundraising events and the activities of the Archive
• Growing the social media following of the Archive
• The regular posting on social media to elicit interest in the Archive’s website
• The engagement with followers on social media and reactions to other posts on behalf of the Archive
• Tracking the engagement on social media to help inform and develop the Archive’s social media strategy
• Development of attractive social media content
What skills do I need?
Training will be given for the use of any unfamiliar tools and to gain an understanding of the Archive’s Social Media strategy. The following attributes will help
• An enthusiasm towards learning
• An interest in social media and the broader digital marketing work of website content development and email promotion
• Experience of basic IT tools such as Microsoft Office, and a familiarity with PCs and smart phones
• The capacity to write short engaging stories
• The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
• An interest in, knowledge of, or willingness to learn about jazz and the collections of the Archive
• Access to computer and broadband facilities
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Reasonable travel expenses
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Flexible, weekly commitment .