To support the Triple T's Team Leader in planning and delivering weekly activities for young people (age 8-12 years) at either of three set locations within the Kursaal and Victoria Wards (this opportunity is available in the Centre Place Family Centre, Woodgrange Estate).
We have other similar opportunities available nearby on different days.
To offer creative ideas for future projects/activities for the young people and to work towards taking responsibility for managing and delivering your own sessions/projects.
To help create a safe and fun environment for young people where they can input their own ideas and make decisions encouraging them to feel part of something.
To promote and represent the clubs young people within the specified locations.
Volunteers must be 16+ for this role please.
* To assist the Team Leader in ensuring the safe delivery of weekly on-going projects, activities and events for the young people.
* To assist with the formal registration of each young person entering the club and ensure the safe collection/arrangements of each young person at the end of the club session.
* Encourage pride, confidence and self esteem in the young people.
* Encourage the young people to participate in decision making, setting goals and identifying new projects they would like to work on.
* Support partner agencies delivering projects for the Triple T's club
* Work within an agreed structure set out by the Team Leader and undergo any required training or refresher courses, particularly relating to child protection issues.
* Remain aware of SAVS policy and procedures, particularly around safeguarding children, personal contact, e-safety, etc.
* Attend regular support meetings/one to ones with the Triple T Team Leader to share thoughts and feedback on past and future activities and discuss any training needs.
* To encourage new membership of young people and help seek suitable volunteers for the future.
This club runs on Tuesday evening between 17:00 and 18:30.
What skills do I need?
Experience of working or volunteering with young people or diverse members of the community is desirable but not essential.
Full induction, coaching as required and safeguarding children training. Regular reviews with team leader.
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
Induction, coaching and safeguarding children.
- Volunteer induction
Full induction and coaching
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 28/02/2020
End Date: 28/02/2021
This club runs on Tuesday evening between 17:00 and 18:30. We have other similar opportunities available nearby on different days.