Our friendly and informal peer support during pregnancy, birth and beyond enables parents to give their babies the best possible start in life. Our Pregnancy Pal Volunteers are key to this.
By becoming a Virtual Volunteer Pregnancy Pal, you can:
• Offer regular phone and video support for parents during pregnancy and in the early months post birth
• Receive training and ongoing personal development
• Join a friendly, supportive and experienced team of volunteers and staff
• Receive support yourself from our staff team
• Follow policies and procedures to help protect your well-being
• Use a Parents 1st mobile phone to support parents if required
What skills do I need?
• A parent?
• Grandparent? or
• Someone with parenting experience?
• Get satisfaction from ‘giving back’ to others?
• Have some time in your week to give to others?
• Have first-hand experience of how challenging parenting can be?
• A good listener?
• Someone who doesn’t judge others?
in learning some new skills with other volunteers?
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/08/2020
End Date: 06/08/2021