Every Child Online receives hundreds of donated Laptops and PCs from UK businesses and the public.
We require Support Technicians to work alongside our professional IT sponsors, to refurbish these devices ready for donation to schools. Training will be provided for all aspects of work. Tasks include:
• Logging device serial numbers onto an excel spreadsheet and website
• Removing and wiping hard drives using industry-standard software
• Installing Windows software onto each device
• Cleaning computers and laptops, removing old stickers and marks
• Testing and cleaning computer monitors
• Sorting jumbled cables and adding them to our stock of data and power cables
• Carrying and lifting devices from point to point during the refurbishment process.
What skills do I need?
• Basic computer knowledge required.
• Basic knowledge of Windows software for example Excel
• Attention to detail, recording serial numbers and retyping them on to excel
• Happy to take instruction and frequently change tasks
• Self Motivated
• Approachable – open-minded and value diversity
• Non-judgmental – focus on the potential, not the past
• Inspiring – lead by example
• Empowering – enable positive change
• Passionate about Every Child Online’s goals and delivering excellence
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Flexible 1 to 5-day week. 10 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday (negotiable)
15 Buckwins Square