To assist the domestic team with the day-to-day upkeep of the cleaning and laundry services throughout the hospice, including clinical, public and office spaces. This is a flexible role with varied hours throughout the week and tasks can be tailored to each individual depending on what you are looking for/your skills.
Tasks may include (not exclusively)
- General cleaning of office and public spaces such as the cafe/reception areas
- General cleaning of clinical patient areas
- Use of machinery and Microfibre cleaning system
- The safe handling of chemicals and cleaning products
- Use of the recycling and general waste facilities for the safe disposal of unwanted products and rubbish
- Emptying of food recycling bins and replacing bags
What skills do I need?
- Physical ability to fulfil the requirements of the role including safe moving and handling
- Ability to work independently
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?