We are looking to recruit dynamic volunteers across Essex.
A list of duties are outlined below:
- Meet with service users, as directed by Essex ARC, (with project staff and or/any referring agency)
- Create a positive relationship between themselves and the service user
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the service user's personal action plan
- Assist and advise the service user in developing skills and appropriate attitudes that will assist them in achieving the goals in their personal action plan
- Encourage and motivate the service user to: make positive changes and encourage their personal development (In liaison with the project, the referring agency and the service user concerned)
- Encourage service users to make positive use of local resources
- Attend service user and review meetings as required
- Willingness to attend additional training
- Co-facilitate group sessions
What skills do I need?
The role would be ideal for someone looking to develop their experience in the field of complex needs. The person should have a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
Some other skills / characteristics:
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of IT programmes (MS Office, Outlook) and a close eye for detail are also required
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 23/07/2019
End Date: 23/07/2022
Flexible. Dependant on availability and requirement. To be discussed in person.