Your local NHS is getting ready to deliver a COVID-19 vaccination programme and we need your help. We are looking for volunteers across Essex and Suffolk to be at the forefront of the local fight against the virus – you could be part of it!
As we gear up to be ready in a few weeks, we are seeking Volunteer marshalls. This is an exciting opportunity to join us and play your part in protecting the community and saving lives.
The vaccination stations will be open from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week, and it’s anticipated that sites will begin setting up in December. There will be four hour shifts available over a twelve hour period seven days a week.
To oversee to the patient flow management across the site:
Ensure smooth arrival onsite of those both coming for vaccination; staff required for operation of the site and logistics providers (both for site setup and ongoing use of vaccines and consumables).
• Ensure efficient patient flow to the clinical assessment, vaccination station, post-vaccination observation area and pod exit.
• Ensure speed, safety and security; address any issues that arise or escalate to a Healthcare Professional if needed.
• Effectively communicate with the other areas’ representatives to avoid congestion.
• Ensure that citizens respect national guidelines such as social distancing and mask protection.
• Identify citizens who require additional support (carer/chaperone, additional language support) and direct them to an alternative flow. Provide enhanced support to those requiring it (e.g. those who cannot queue standing).
• Assist in the prevention of overcrowding by ensuring the crowd limits in various parts of the ground are complied with.
• Be fully conversant with any methods or messages used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen.
• Report immediately to a Supervisor of anything that is likely to pose a threat or danger to the citizen and site safety.
What skills do I need?
Volunteers need to have good:
· Communication skills
· Collaboration skills
· Organisational skills
· Problem solving skills
· Be able to deliver at a reasonable pace.
You will also need to have the ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner
- Data Protection policy
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/12/2020
End Date: 19/11/2021
Flexible between the times 8am-8pm seven days a week