Rethink Mental Illness deliver All Age Advocacy Services across Essex, We are looking to recruit people residing in the area of North / Mid Essex
Our advocates and advocacy groups work to defend people’s rights and interests and support their wishes to be heard; for them to be treated with dignity and have their views respected.
You will be part of the whole Advocacy team, and in your role you will be helping individuals in a group environment, to gain confidence and be empowered to make their voice heard on issues concerning their overall wellbeing.
As a Group Coordinator you would be involved in setting up and coordinating peer support groups for individuals across the community.
We will give:
- Full training & access to e-learning materials
- Support & supervision
- Opportunity to develop positive relationships with individuals and organisations across the community.
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses
When Enquiring please state the are of Essex in which you live
What skills do I need?
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Experience and understanding of facilitating group work
- Able to relate to people from all backgrounds
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to remain non-judgemental
- Good organisations skills
- Good knowledge of IT (Microsoft Word and using email)
- This role requires from you 4 hours per week, mainly week’s days
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Flexible but usually 4 hours a week on weekdays.