Do you enjoy socialising and supporting people?
BBW CVS is a registered charity that primarily supports charities and non profit groups in the Basildon Borough. It also hosts some local projects that provide support to community members.
We have commenced a new project whereby we'll be hosting weekly drop in sessions at a central Basildon location for refugees and other community members who may be experiencing poverty, loneliness or isolation.
During the sessions attendees will be able to receive information and advice on local services and activities they could access. It will also be a safe space in which they can meet other people, keep warm (in the winter months) and receive support.
We are looking for volunteers who can support us in the running of the sessions by:
- Helping to set up and pack away the session
- Chatting to the attendees, making them feel welcome
- Being a listening ear and helping to identify local support services
What skills do I need?
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Friendly and confident in engaging with others
- Non judgemental and have empathy towards others
- Comfortable in using resources to help communicate with non English speakers
Volunteers will be supported by BBW CVS staff.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Reasonable travel expenses covered.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 13/07/2022
End Date: 13/07/2024
Sessions will be running between 10am - 2pm every Wednesday from July 2022 until March 2023 and volunteers would be required weekly during this time.