Royal Gunpowder Mills is a heritage attraction with lively and engaging visitor, learning and volunteering programmes. In addition to telling the story of the most important site in Europe for the manufacture of gunpowder, areas of our historic 170 acre site are a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
We are currently at a time of change at Royal Gunpowder Mills, as we look forward to re-opening and managing the new demands and safety restrictions of Covid 19.
We will be advertising wedding party hire on our web site to gather interest. We hope this will be another way RGM can secure its’ future and share this amazing site.
By taking on this role you can be a key figure in making this project work.
The main tasks for this role will be:
• Monitoring and responding to email enquiries regarding wedding hire
• Giving prospective customers accurate information regarding hiring space at RGM
• Listening and answering questions, finding answers and feeding back to the customers.
• Showing customers the site, buildings and facilities on offer, and/or arranging with other volunteers for this to be done.
• Working as a team with other volunteers, staff and the Board.
• Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and other relevant policies
Benefits to volunteer:
- Experience of working for a heritage charity
- To be part of a team providing a high quality service to visitors
- Having the opportunity to spend time on a worthwhile project
- Develop skills and knowledge
- Gain further experience in a hospitality role
- Learn about the science, history and nature of the site
- Free attendance to our events and training courses (where availability allows)
What skills do I need?
Ideally we seek someone:
- With good communication skills, face to face, over the phone and email
- Experience with visitor services and/or hospitality industry
- With the ability to project a good impression through self-presentation
and manner, providing a high quality service to customers
- Confident in answering questions and providing information clearly and effectively.
- To work in an organised way ensuring customers receive an efficient service
- Able to communicate well with the team
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/04/2021
End Date: 01/06/2022
Weekly - approximately 2 hours plus availability for pre-arranged meetings/site visits. By arrangement