The Welfare Crew are seeking volunteers to work within the welfare provision at various festivals across the UK including Creamfields Chelmsford, Download, Latitude, Reading, Leeds and Creamfields North.
The Welfare Crew are looking for people who are over 18; are non-judgmental and understanding; are able to chat to people; willing to learn and be part of a team; willing to have a DBS check. The support we offer is:
- Support for festival goers who are vulnerable due to substance use, mental health, victims of assault, sexual assault or domestic abuse
- A safe space for festival goers if they are feeling overwhelmed
- Advice/education about drugs and alcohol
The welfare team work closely alongside the medics to look after those who are medically ok, but not safe to be in the festival at that moment. The support we give is basic care such as sick bowls, a place to sleep off substance use and talking through issues that festival goers are struggling with.
In return for volunteering with us we offer:-
- A free festival ticket
- Opportunities to gain hands on experience supporting people
- At least two hot meals a day
- Time off to enjoy the festival
- Travel expenses paid
- Staff camping, showers and toilets
- 1 x 8 hour shift a day
- Couples and friends can volunteer on the same shifts
- If you support all the days that we are open for, we will ensure you have one whole day off to enjoy the festival.
Our minimum ask is that you volunteer two days at the festival with us, but volunteers are more than welcome to join us for the whole festival. If you are interested in this opportunity full details and application forms are on our website www.eventswellbeing.co.uk or call us on 07340 110601.
What skills do I need?
No formal skills or qualifications required. Volunteers will need to be able to listen to people’s concerns, be empathetic and be willing to work as part of a team.
Experience in supporting vulnerable adults or young
people is desirable, but not essential.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Various dates ranging from June to August 2022 Our minimum ask is that volunteers do two days at each festival they choose to attend, this will include one 8 hour shift per day over a 24 hour period. We ensure there is plenty time off and breaks in between shifts.
This opportunity is available Countywide.