The Big Help Out is a national day of volunteering happening on Monday 8 May, the Bank Holiday Monday of the Coronation weekend.
The campaign hopes to inspire people everywhere to roll up their sleeves, and look for a way to help out in their local communities!
As we become aware of ‘Big Help Out’ activity taking place across the borough we’ll publish it here:
- Wickford in Bloom – Wickford High St, between 10am and 2pm meeting outside Suttons.
Volunteers needed to help work on the existing and new planters ready for summer planting. Tasks include moving planters, filling with compost, removing old plants, painting of wooden planters, and much more.
- Noak Bridge Parish Council – litter pick – 10:30am, meet at the village hall – to register contact the Parish Council.
- Friends of Great Berry – planting in Friends of Great Berry’s new sensory garden – 10am, Great Berry Open Space, Nightingales, Langdon Hills, Essex, SS16 6SA
- Laindon Wombles supported by Laindon & Langdon Hills residents and Basildon Council will be undertaking a litter-pick in Victoria Park, Laindon on Monday 08/05/2023. Meet 10am at the far end of the Four Seasons pub car park.
- Bowers Gifford & North Benfleet Parish Council Big Help Out in conjunction with their Coronation Picnic-In-The-Park event taking place at Westlake Park, Pound Lane, Bowers Gifford (behind Wilton’s pet shop) from 12pm to 4pm. Participants interested in volunteering are encouraged to contact Chris Barlow the Parish Council Clerk on 0775255621 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Friends of Lake Meadows are holding a small informal spring clean up of the park on Monday 8th May. Meet at the Information Hut, near the cafe at 10:30am with your marigolds and a bucket! Children with parents or carers welcome.
Can’t find something suitable? Make a Big Promise instead!
If you can’t join the Big Help Out, why not make a Big Promise?
Many people will use Monday 8th as a day to get inspired, and to make a resolution to help out in their community in the future – even if they don’t know exactly how yet.
If you need some help or inspiration, get in touch and we’d be happy to give some suggestions and help you find a role that’s absolutely perfect for you.